Flexible flex Fluid Chain Jaw flange Gear Rigid Spacer PIN HRC MH NM universal Fenaflex Oldham spline clamp tyre grid hydraulic servo motor shaft Coupling
The function of Shaft coupling:
1. Shafts for connecting separately manufactured units such as motors and generators.
2. If any axis is misaligned.
3. Provides mechanical flexibility.
4. Absorb the transmission of impact load.
5. Prevent overload
We can provide the following couplings.
|Rigid coupling||Flange coupling||Oldham coupling|
|Sleeve or muff coupling||Gear coupling||Bellow coupling|
|Split muff coupling||Flexible coupling||Fluid coupling|
|Clamp or split-muff or compression coupling||Universal coupling||Variable speed coupling|
|Bushed pin-type coupling||Diaphragm coupling||Constant speed coupling|
We are an industrial company specializing in the production of couplings. It has 3 branches: steel casting, forging, and heat treatment. Main products: cross shaft universal coupling, drum gear coupling, non-metallic elastic element coupling, rigid coupling, etc.
The company mainly produces the industry standard JB3241-91 swap JB5513-91 swc. JB3242-93 swz series universal coupling with spider type. It can also design and produce various non-standard universal couplings, other couplings, and mechanical products for users according to special requirements. Currently, the products are mainly sold to major steel companies at home and abroad, the metallurgical steel rolling industry, and leading engine manufacturers, with an annual production capacity of more than 7000 sets.
The company’s quality policy is “quality for survival, variety for development.” In August 2000, the national quality system certification authority audited that its quality assurance system met the requirements of GB/T19002-1994 IDT ISO9002:1994 and obtained the quality system certification certificate with the registration number 0900B5711. It is the first enterprise in the coupling production industry in HangZhou City that passed the ISO9002 quality and constitution certification.
The company pursues the business purpose of “reliable quality, the supremacy of reputation, commitment to business and customer satisfaction” and welcomes customers at home and abroad to choose our products.
At the same time, the company has established long-term cooperative relations with many enterprises and warmly welcomes friends from all walks of life to visit, investigate and negotiate business!
How to use the coupling safely
The coupling is an intermediate connecting part of each motion mechanism, which directly impacts the regular operation of each motion mechanism. Therefore, attention must be paid to:
1. The coupling is not allowed to have more than the specified axis deflection and radial displacement so as not to affect its transmission performance.
2. The bolts of the LINS coupling shall not be loose or damaged.
3. Gear coupling and cross slide coupling shall be lubricated regularly, and lubricating grease shall be added every 2-3 months to avoid severe wear of gear teeth and serious consequences.
4. The tooth width contact length of gear coupling shall not be less than 70%; Its axial displacement shall not be more significant than 5mm
5. The coupling is not allowed to have cracks. If there are cracks, it needs to be replaced (they can be knocked with a small hammer and judged according to the sound).
6. The keys of LINS coupling shall be closely matched and shall not be loosened.
7. The tooth thickness of the gear coupling is worn. When the lifting mechanism exceeds 15% of the original tooth thickness, the operating mechanism exceeds 25%, and the broken tooth is also scrapped.
8. If the elastic ring of the pin coupling and the sealing ring of the gear coupling is damaged or aged, they should be replaced in time.
Packaging & Shipping
Materials used in Manufacturing Servo Couplings and their Impact on Performance
Servo couplings are essential components in motion control systems, designed to connect shafts and transmit torque while compensating for misalignment. The materials used in manufacturing servo couplings play a crucial role in determining their performance characteristics. Some commonly used materials and their impact on performance are:
Aluminum servo couplings are lightweight and offer low inertia, making them suitable for applications with high rotational speeds. They have good corrosion resistance and electrical conductivity but may have limited torque and misalignment capabilities compared to other materials.
- Stainless Steel:
Stainless steel servo couplings are known for their high strength, durability, and excellent resistance to corrosion. They are commonly used in harsh environments where exposure to moisture or chemicals is a concern. Stainless steel couplings can handle higher torques and misalignments compared to aluminum but are generally heavier.
Plastic or polymer servo couplings are lightweight and offer good flexibility, making them suitable for applications where vibration dampening is required. They have excellent electrical insulation properties and are often used in precision systems. However, they may have limitations in terms of torque and temperature resistance.
Steel servo couplings are known for their high torque capacity and robustness. They are commonly used in heavy-duty applications, especially where high torsional stiffness is required. Steel couplings may be more substantial compared to other materials, which can affect the overall weight and inertia of the system.
- Hybrid Materials:
Some servo couplings combine different materials to leverage their advantages and mitigate their limitations. For example, a hybrid coupling might have a stainless steel hub combined with a flexible polymer element to provide a balance between torque capacity and misalignment compensation.
When selecting a servo coupling material, it is essential to consider the specific requirements of the application, including torque, misalignment, speed, environmental conditions, and budget constraints. Each material has its unique characteristics, and the right choice will ensure optimal performance, longevity, and efficiency of the motion control system.
Handling Angular and Axial Misalignments Simultaneously with Servo Couplings
Servo couplings are designed to handle both angular and axial misalignments simultaneously, making them versatile components for motion control systems. Here’s how they achieve this:
- Angular Misalignment: Angular misalignment occurs when the motor shaft and the driven load shaft are not perfectly aligned, resulting in an angular offset between them. Servo couplings with flexible elements, such as bellows or beam couplings, can accommodate angular misalignment without inducing excessive stress on the components.
- Axial Misalignment: Axial misalignment happens when there is a parallel displacement between the motor and the driven load along the shaft axis. Servo couplings with flexible elements allow for axial movement, absorbing any axial misalignment while maintaining torque transmission.
- Combination of Both: Servo couplings are designed to handle the combination of angular and axial misalignments simultaneously. As the flexible elements of the coupling can move in multiple directions, they can compensate for both angular and axial deviations, ensuring smooth and efficient power transmission.
The ability of servo couplings to handle both angular and axial misalignments is vital in many motion control applications. It allows for greater flexibility in design and installation, as well as improved system performance and reduced wear on the components.
Advantages of Using Zero-Backlash Servo Couplings in Precision Systems
Zero-backlash servo couplings offer significant benefits in precision motion control systems where accuracy, repeatability, and reliability are essential. Here are the advantages of using zero-backlash servo couplings:
- Precise Motion Control: Zero-backlash couplings have no play or clearance between the coupling components. This lack of backlash ensures that motion is accurately transmitted from the servo motor to the driven load without any lost motion. As a result, precision systems can achieve precise positioning and smooth motion profiles.
- Elimination of Positioning Errors: Backlash in couplings can lead to positioning errors, especially in applications where motion direction changes frequently. Zero-backlash couplings prevent any shift or lag in motion, resulting in accurate and repeatable positioning of the driven load.
- High Repeatability: With zero-backlash, the coupling maintains consistent positioning during bidirectional movements. This feature enhances repeatability, which is crucial in tasks that require the system to follow the same path repeatedly with minimal deviation.
- Improved System Stability: Backlash in couplings can cause vibration and instability in precision systems. Zero-backlash couplings dampen vibrations and ensure a more stable motion, which is particularly valuable in high-speed and high-precision applications.
- Long-Term Reliability: Zero-backlash couplings reduce wear and stress on the servo motor and driven load’s bearings and components. This reduction in wear increases the lifespan of the entire system and reduces the need for frequent maintenance and replacement.
- Responsive Dynamic Performance: Zero-backlash couplings provide instantaneous response to changes in motion direction and speed. This responsiveness is critical in applications that require rapid acceleration and deceleration, enabling the system to handle dynamic loads with precision and efficiency.
- Higher Torque Transmission: Zero-backlash couplings can handle higher torque loads compared to some flexible couplings with backlash. This capability allows the system to transmit greater forces without compromising motion accuracy.
- Enhanced Efficiency: By minimizing lost motion and ensuring precise power transmission, zero-backlash couplings contribute to overall system efficiency. They reduce energy losses and optimize the utilization of the servo motor’s output power.
- Compatibility with High-Precision Components: In precision systems that incorporate high-precision components like encoders and linear scales, zero-backlash couplings are essential to maintain the accuracy of these components’ measurements and feedback.
In summary, zero-backlash servo couplings play a critical role in precision motion control systems by providing accurate, repeatable, and stable motion. Their ability to eliminate backlash and minimize positioning errors enhances overall system performance, efficiency, and reliability, making them an ideal choice for demanding applications that require the utmost precision.
editor by CX 2023-09-27